What're your questions for the world?

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE SITE:

Hey! This blog is about asking questions that're on my mind or that people may ask me. These are not little questions really and they can have multiple answers so feel free to answer them as you see fit. The whole point of the site is to have people think about the world and the way things are. If you don't agree with something I've said tell me why with a comment (you have to have a google account), but please don't use that as a way to be obnoxious. Everything is pretty much up in the air when it comes to what you think and how you feel about something so I can't really set down any guidelines other than don't be too judgmental of another comment or of something I may have said.

Stay open-minded and hear people out. =]

Hope you enjoy and don't criticize what I'm trying to say too harshly. Although of course I'm open to criticism and debates. =]

-Asking_Why

Also...Email me @: tomiahayes@yahoo.com if you have a question you'd like to have posted on the site. Remember they have to be versatile and have many possible answers and they can't be...child-ish.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Why: Do We Take Everything For Granted?

       Everyone has something to be thankful for. No matter your circumstances you have a reason to be happy. The only thing is a lot of the time people take for granted everything that they have. They feel that they deserve all the good fortune that they have. And that confuses me. 
       There's so much that I COULD take for granted: being alive, being able to see, being able to talk, having all of my limbs, having a family, being able to read/write, being able to comprehend, having a roof over my head, having clothes on my back, and the list can go on and on. These are things we don't really think about all the time. We take all of it for granted, because we don't have to struggle. Now...What about those people in the third world countries who don't have what we have, what about those people who can't see, speak, or hear, what about those people who were born with mental/physical disabilities, and what about those people who have one shirt, one pair of pants, and they have to live on the streets? Compared to them we have so much to be thankful for. They don't take anything for granted, because they don't have everything that we have. 
       Is it fair to take so much for granted while so many are suffering? Would you trade places with someone who had none of the things you have? Be honest. You don't want to be someone who doesn't have the opportunities that you do. But you don't do anything that shows how grateful you are to be you. I know I didn't until I really started to think about this question. 
     Tell me why...

2 comments:

  1. This is a valid question: I think the we lost the love for family and community... What I mean by family is being united even if not in the same household its an every man for self mentality so instilling the true core values of family had been lost...community used to mean or atleast be an extension of family (it takes a village...) So the dynamic is totally skewed away from basic values or principle whereas in 3rd world countries as you say hold on to those values and beliefs of family and community. So when one person makes it the family/community makes it. Its not that we take it for granted we've lost the basics of each one teach one help the next one up.
    Again, this is just my opinion :)
    Great question - keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete