What're your questions for the world?

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE SITE:

Hey! This blog is about asking questions that're on my mind or that people may ask me. These are not little questions really and they can have multiple answers so feel free to answer them as you see fit. The whole point of the site is to have people think about the world and the way things are. If you don't agree with something I've said tell me why with a comment (you have to have a google account), but please don't use that as a way to be obnoxious. Everything is pretty much up in the air when it comes to what you think and how you feel about something so I can't really set down any guidelines other than don't be too judgmental of another comment or of something I may have said.

Stay open-minded and hear people out. =]

Hope you enjoy and don't criticize what I'm trying to say too harshly. Although of course I'm open to criticism and debates. =]

-Asking_Why

Also...Email me @: tomiahayes@yahoo.com if you have a question you'd like to have posted on the site. Remember they have to be versatile and have many possible answers and they can't be...child-ish.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Why: Do People Fight Over Religion When They're All Basically The Same? (Asked By Amar)

       Perfect question! I mean, like HELLO! We're all talking about the same thing. Why're we being so dang picky about which religion is the best? I don't want to offend anyone but think about it. How dense can you get? Just because someone may have interpreted the word of God slightly different from another person doesn't mean they are different in any sense. For example: Christians and Catholics. Someone tell me why these two religions aren't the same...I mean when you take the time to think about it, they are.
       So what if two religions call God different names? So what if in this religion they say you can't eat pork and in another they don't care? So what if you one religion doesn't believe in celebrating Christmas or Halloween and another does? They all are trying to get to the same place!!!
       You know, it's just my opinion, but I think that before we thought up all of these different religions there was only one. Then, because someone decided they wanted to have followers (ha, like twitter) they went and made a new church and said "Hey, you've got to follow what I say about getting to Heaven, 'cause they do this and it says here we shouldn't do this if we want to get to Heaven." You may think I'm joking, but I'm deadly serious. Why can't religions just merge all of their beliefs into one? Or better yet why can't we figure out why certain religions have all these restrictions that they believe will get them to Heaven and other religions find they have on use for them? Is someone just having a serious case of brown nosing or something? 
       I don't know...You guys tell me...Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment