What're your questions for the world?

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE SITE:

Hey! This blog is about asking questions that're on my mind or that people may ask me. These are not little questions really and they can have multiple answers so feel free to answer them as you see fit. The whole point of the site is to have people think about the world and the way things are. If you don't agree with something I've said tell me why with a comment (you have to have a google account), but please don't use that as a way to be obnoxious. Everything is pretty much up in the air when it comes to what you think and how you feel about something so I can't really set down any guidelines other than don't be too judgmental of another comment or of something I may have said.

Stay open-minded and hear people out. =]

Hope you enjoy and don't criticize what I'm trying to say too harshly. Although of course I'm open to criticism and debates. =]

-Asking_Why

Also...Email me @: tomiahayes@yahoo.com if you have a question you'd like to have posted on the site. Remember they have to be versatile and have many possible answers and they can't be...child-ish.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Is: Heaven Really Real Or Is It Just A Fixation People Use To Be Comfortable With Death? (Asked By Maria)

       I've actually thought about that before. A lot of people who believe in God will tell you right away that heaven is real and if you do what you're suppose to here on Earth that when the time comes that's where God will place you. The alternative being Hell. But as with anything that's religious there's always: Doubt, and people who don't believe in it at all.
       People who believe in God (or any other higher power), always say that the good people will not suffer and the bad people will. People who don't believe in anything of that nature are, probably looking at those you do like they're crazy. In the bible, the description of heaven is glorious. You'll have all you've ever wanted. The only thing is...I've never seen heaven ('cause well I'm not dead). I don't of there being any proof, other than what I've read in the bible. Now, I'm not saying I don't think it's there...I'm just saying I don't know how to prove to you that it's there.
      As for the part of the question about people using it just as a way to be comfortable with dying...That seems very logical. No one really WANTS to die, but having the hope of going to heaven is a good way to come to terms with it. That is unless you know your life has been anything but on the straight and narrow. What I'm saying is it's a large possibility that that's how heaven came about...but then again how could someone write an entire book (The Bible) and have such a detailed description of something only dead people can see?
       There's so much you've got to think about when it comes to that...But hey you tell me..Is it real?

No comments:

Post a Comment