What're your questions for the world?

EXTRA INFO ABOUT THE SITE:

Hey! This blog is about asking questions that're on my mind or that people may ask me. These are not little questions really and they can have multiple answers so feel free to answer them as you see fit. The whole point of the site is to have people think about the world and the way things are. If you don't agree with something I've said tell me why with a comment (you have to have a google account), but please don't use that as a way to be obnoxious. Everything is pretty much up in the air when it comes to what you think and how you feel about something so I can't really set down any guidelines other than don't be too judgmental of another comment or of something I may have said.

Stay open-minded and hear people out. =]

Hope you enjoy and don't criticize what I'm trying to say too harshly. Although of course I'm open to criticism and debates. =]

-Asking_Why

Also...Email me @: tomiahayes@yahoo.com if you have a question you'd like to have posted on the site. Remember they have to be versatile and have many possible answers and they can't be...child-ish.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Why: Are Gay People So Discriminated Against?

       Now, I've been raised as a Christian all my life, so I obviously know what the bible says. I don't want to offend anyone but I think people are stupid for being so... judgmental and prejudice to gay people. It annoys me to see it. For so long African-American people were discriminated against and we had to fight for equality. Before that women also had to fight for equality because men put women so far below them. But through it all everyone was allowed to get married. EVERYONE...But the gay people.
       With everything that the United States has done throughout the years they've never given gay people a real chance. Whether they be believers of God (or any other higher power) or they had no preference whatsoever, people everywhere dislike gay people. My question is...WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT SOMEONE ELSE LIKES?! Okay so you don't agree with it...Whoop-de-doo. That doesn't mean you have to be so negative to that person or group of people. They aren't like you...WHO CARES?! Why does that even matter so much to people?
       If someone else's life doesn't effect you directly AND completely why do you care? Parents disown children for being gay, people kill themselves for being hated for being gay, and people hide their entire lives just because they're afraid of what people will say if they know that they're gay. But WHY do all these things happen? No one should have to put up with all that just because they are different...it's UNFAIR.
       Also something else I'd like to say...Gay people don't CHOOSE to be gay. Being gay chooses them! I really hate it when someone says "Well you chose to be gay...." all I have to say is that's not true. REAL gay people didn't just wake up one day and think "HEY! I'm gonna be gay starting today..." do you really think that's how it works? That's just down right stupid...
      This video pretty much sums up how I feel about it...**WARNING: He is pretty explicit.**

No comments:

Post a Comment